Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A FaMiLy WeeKEnd!


The weekend was good! Friday was pretty much the last rodeo for the year! Yay! There might be a couple here and there but not religiously every weekend. I will finally get to be with Kyle for a whole weekend. His last rodeo was in St. George and he got 3rd with a 4.9! Awesome! I like it when he wins. The rest of the weekend went by fast. Saturday night we went to one of Kyle's friends from high school, Ryan Sandoval, OMG!! he has the nicest house ever!! But if you know Ryan what else do you expect. It was fun we played catch-a- phrase, I love that game. On Sunday the DellaLucia's had a family BBQ get together! Fun and Yummy! there was so much good food. I never have to worry about Kyle not wanting to go to family get togethers because he has learned that the great food is worth it all!! and WOW are family is huge! It is a little intimidating for a new hubby to join this big, crazy, loud Italian family but Kyle is a social guy and uh.... a ladies man I guess (my dad has 5 sisters) so he has no problem fitting in. The only thing that ruined the weekend was that the stupid Cowboys lost! Thanks Tony Romo, he threw three interceptions!!
On Monday night the community had a fund raiser dinner for Kyle's mother Sandra. Sandra is a nurse and volunteers every year to go to Africa to give surgeries and medical treatment to the tribal people of Africa. This is a very expensive trip so they do a lot of fund raisers. The people that own the Punkinaze on 1900 are Sandra's good friends and to kick off the Punkinaze they had big dinner of homemade Mexican food. People brought donations and then got to eat dinner. It was so good and so many people came.
There is also a 5K run/walk that they are having for the Africa trip this Saturday the 26th. Unfortunately I will be participating in it. I have not been training at all so hopefully I can make it!! So if there is anyone that likes 5K's let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I bet it's nice to have your hubby back :) I have been wanting to run in a 5k forever, where and what time? My Saturday is crazy busy but MAYBE I could fit it in..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon.. I will look into it! Maybe I'll see ya there!

    ReplyDelete